Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Cookie Tradition

Christmas traditions are so much fun and everyone looks forward to them because…it’s just what you do. Well, decorating Christmas cookies is on the top of my tradition list. My mom bakes the best sugar cookies and makes homemade icing and then everyone gathers around the table to make them all pretty. I enjoy the endless sugar cookies to decorate, my Pop decorating two and eating one – decorating two and eating (repeat), Mom telling everyone to be sure they look “pretty”, me getting “out” of decorating when I get bored because I claim we must document the process with pictures, Billy decorating one each year that says, “I love Brooke” – how sweet is he!? For all these reasons, this is my all time favorite tradition. Another reason it’s my favorite Christmas tradition is because my parents started it when they were newlyweds. Through the years we’ve had friends and family join us; numerous close friends and family have at one point shared in this tradition. Such great memories!! This past weekend, my parents along with Sophie came over to the “Bird House” for the cookie fun. We all had a great time! We did miss Jordan, Oana and Carlo though and are hoping next year everyone is around the table…Mom will have a lot more baking to do next year!















1 comment:

Brittney said...

So cute! I am definitely trying that recipe next year! I think I am officially "cookied out" for the time being!

Followers

Site Meter