Monday, April 19, 2010

A little getaway

I always welcome time away with Billy so when he suggested we go to Georgia for the day, you can bet I didn’t think twice. He took us to Jekyll Island to spend the afternoon. It gave us a little day retreat, something to hold us over and refresh us until our upcoming “Spring Break”. We enjoyed walking the island, exploring the beach and finding a place to get some ice-cream. They have the cutest little shops and fun little treasures! Of course, I found a few things I wanted.

 Aren't these funky? I hadn't seen shell rings before.
On the lawn of the Jekyll island club, we saw an older couple playing croquet. How adorable?! I sure hope Billy and I are as cute as they were playing croquet when we’re retired. I will eventually look forward to playing croquet, sipping fresh lemonade and wearing argyle all the while discussing the latest topics and how the grandchildren are coming to visit next week. I really shouldn't rush life but doesn't that sound wonderful? ha.

Afterwards, we had to make a pit-stop to Lowes. While Billy practically lives at Lowes, I don’t get to go as often as I like. I would imagine the typical date night was dinner, a movie and making a stop by the local hardware store. That’s what my parents did anyhow but mine don't quite go like that. I have to bribe to get him to go with me however; we desperately needed to get a plan together for our flower bed that died this winter. So we went in to research the garden center. We aren't professionals and we still need to edge and mulch this week but we are almost there! I should've taken a 'before' picture to show you all how bad our starting point was.


We are off to the big city this week; I hope to have some fun pictures and stories to share once we return.

No comments:

Followers

Site Meter