Thursday, April 1, 2010

Update from Afghanistan

I had a chance to talk to my brother, Jordan, today. It was really nice to catch up with him and hear how he is doing. It's not always easy to have my only sibling (or any sibling for that matter for those blessed with several) a world away and in danger zone. I’m so thankful for technology and the ease it gives in communicating. Can you imagine what WWI&II was like for families? I don’t even want to fathom life without my dear friend, Instant Messenger!

In spirit of April Fools Day I wanted to tease Jordan but didn't have the heart to do so. I remember the last year that Jordan was home on April Fools Day. He came to my office and we decided to tag team. We had a lot of really good jokes that year…I’m sure our friends and family didn’t appreciate them as much as we did. It was fun nonetheless. Since that day of pranks I realized that the wisest thing is to never believe what people tell you on April 1st. So to those out there that I talked to today, I didn’t believe half of what you told me. :)

Here are a few recent pix of Jordan in Afghan. I hope you all have a divine weekend with your families as we celebrate Easter and the resurrection of our Lord. Jesus IS alive and I'm so glad He is!
     

2 comments:

Carrie said...

It's so good that you got to talk to your brother. I cannot even imagine what it must be like to have a family member fighting in this war. What an honorable brother you have! You should be very proud.

Have a great Easter weekend.

Trendy Ink Designs said...

Thank you, Carrie! You are too sweet. We are very proud of him. :)
I hope you had a wonderful Easter with Adam and your sweet baby girl!

Followers

Site Meter