Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Remembering My Grandpa


A loving soul, Christ-follower, hard worker, gentle spirit and wisdom way beyond his 89 years … this was my Grandpa Kriner. A week ago today at this moment I had the sweetest experience in witnessing my Grandpa, surrounded by family, leave us to meet Jesus. The experience was sad, surreal, and happy he was free of pain yet full of tears. What a pleasure and blessing it was to call him my Grandpa. The past week has been hard yet promising because I know I will get to see my Grandpa again in Heaven. Oh, what hope we have in Christ! As he took his last breath with family surrounding him, loving on him, I couldn’t help but think that in that moment God was welcoming him home and Grandpa was hearing, “Well done, my good & faithful servant.” I’m thankful and so blessed to have the memories, pictures and stories to share with my future children of this sweet man. I’m forever grateful and his memory is forever in my heart.

Grandpa & Grandma Kriner
Pop's and Grandpa at G'pa's 86th Birthday

Grandpa & Grandma with Billy & I on our wedding day

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Sitting here crying after reading your beautiful words about a man that we so dearly love and miss. Wish Grandpa could read what you wrote as he would feel so honored. He was so proud of his family and in your words you described beautifully how proud we were of him and how blessed we are to call him Grandpa. Thank you for this loving tribute! I love you and am so thankful we share wonderful and loving memories of a man that we had the honor of calling Grandpa! Thank you Brooke! Your words were perfect and the pictures were priceless! Love you!

Followers

Site Meter