Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What a Gift

I always wanted a sister. I remember growing up playing Micro Machines and building log cabins from Lincoln Logs with my brother. I climbed trees, participated in mud wars, go-cart racing, zip lines and building booby traps to keep away the annoying neighborhood kid from our fort. Looking back, I really have a ton of fond memories, great memories, but none of them were from playing Barbie’s. I didn’t neglect Barbie; I just didn’t get a lot of time with her due to wanting to have a play mate. Jordan was NOT going to play Barbie’s. Fast forward to the teenage years and all the sudden I became thankful I didn’t have a sister. The sharing of clothes and hogging time in the bathroom were battles I never had to endure. Now that Jordan and I are grown adults and I’ve officially hit the 3-0 mark I found it well pass due to finally get that sister I always wanted. Thankfully, Jordan met a beautiful lady and married her last November. Our relationship since has grown and it has been fun getting to know Oana. Last month, Oana finally came HOME. Billy and I met her at the airport when she landed and we all hit it off instantly. I really enjoyed spending time with my sister a week before Jordan came home from Afghanistan. Oana has fit perfectly into our family and I truly believe God gave her to us, not only to Jordan but to the family. Here are just a few pictures from her visit. Oana is back in Italy with my cute nephew Carlo while Jordan flew back to Afghanistan. Billy and I miss them both already!

No comments:

Followers

Site Meter