Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ahhhh, I'm at home again!

That is what I felt like screaming from the roof tops this week. Billy and I decided it was way pass due to car shop. We I wanted/needed to get rid of the Honda I was driving.

Let me rewind…

Before I dated my sweet and amazing husband, I dated a bozo. I’m allowed to be frank on here, right?! Looking back I’m not quite sure where my head was but I was definitely dating a guy that was wrong for me in every way. In that relationship he had convinced me that I should get rid of my beautiful white BMW because he wanted to get married and was thinking ahead about finances. To make a really long and sour story short, I traded in my pretty little BMW for a nice sensible Honda Accord. A week later, that “soon to be proposal” and future with him were gone – he broke up with me. I was stuck driving a Honda. (Insert lesson learned here: Ladies, I don’t care how great that guy is, don’t do anything stupid like I did until after you get married).

I was mad – really mad. Here I was with this “family sedan” and there was no future of a family. However, the Honda was a very good car and gave me four years of safe travels. The best part, I didn’t end up with that guy…just the car. It could’ve been worse! :)

Fast forward to today, four years later (to the week) and I still was a little bitter towards the Honda. It was not the cars fault but the memory every now and then that would remind me of why I was driving that car. I would never have chosen a Honda Accord on my own and that memory taunted me in various moments throughout the past four years. Here I was married to the perfect man God blessed me with and I had this lingering connection to the past I couldn’t seem to cut.

Until…

The day finally came this week and I am back in a BMW. It’s always been my favorite car and anyone who knows me realizes that since I’ve owned 3. I’m journaling my story so I can wipe my hands clean and finally leave that memory in the past. I know this story may sound silly but if you’ve been in a similar situation, you get it. So, here’s to old reminders going away AND to a wonderful husband who gets me…puts up with me…loves me with his whole heart…and takes me to pick out that car I’ve missed. I may love my new BMW but I really love Mr. Bird sooo much more.
 
Disclaimer:
****Please note that I think Honda Accords are wonderful cars and if you drive one this is not to offend you. It just wasn't for me.
Thanks and have a nice day. :) ****

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you. I know this was huge for u. It's always good when you can finally wash you hands of something like that. Congrats on the new Brooke ride! Love u girl!

Perpetually Sarah said...

Love this post Brooke! Congrats on the new ride!

Followers

Site Meter