Monday, November 8, 2010

Baby Garb & Western Wear

What a busy weekend. I really enjoy keeping busy when there is a big event or trip to look forward too. Billy and I have a lot of exciting things around the bend so I welcome this busy month. This past weekend was a lot of fun. Saturday morning I joined a lot of great girls at Lyndsay’s baby shower. It was so fun to see her (one the most adorable pregnant girls ever) and see all the goodies for baby A. I can’t wait to meet him and know he’ll be one cool baby if he’s even half as cool as his parents. :)


Another family friend invited us to their country club fall western wear party. When I first received the invitation I was really excited to attend but became overwhelmingly nervous about the attire. I definitely don’t have a closet full of plaid shirts and cowgirl garb. Luckily, last fall season I had a splurge spend on a pair of cute Justin cowgirl boots – vintage wash of course. So, I ran into Old Navy and purchased a white top and sported my jean jacket and accessorized appropriately. It was so much fun watching (yes, watching as I am definitely the least coordinated line dancer, ever) everyone two-step. My mom impressed me with her moves while Pops and I enjoyed watching and singing along to country’s greatest hits. Unfortunately for me, my most handsome husband had to work that night but it was great quality time with the parents and friends. We laughed, partook in good southern BBQ and had a blast! I hope this becomes an annual event because I’ll be looking for another invitation come next Fall (hint, hint Beasley’s).  :-) 

 Pops & I
 Aren't they so cute?


Billy & I on our way to Sunday lunch.
 
Hope you all are having a great week!

No comments:

Followers

Site Meter