Thursday, November 25, 2010

Give Thanks

I'm Thankful...

Thankful for having a relationship with my heavenly father, Jesus.

Thankful for Billy because he’s the kindest, funniest, most loving, gentle spirit I know and I’m thankful he chose to spend his life with me.

Thankful for my Pop because he is a wonderful Dad, hardest worker and so funny – always a joy to be around.

Thankful for my Mom because she’s the heartbeat of our family. She works countless hours to make each holiday and event special and is so generous. The most generous person I know. Thankful she is so wise and a good listener when I need advice.

Thankful for my brother, Jordan. I’m thankful that God made him so unique in spirit. I’m glad he is my brother and I didn’t have to share him growing up {Selfish but true!}Thankful for his brotherly love and pep talks when needed.

Thankful for my sister, Oana. I’m so thankful God gave her to our family and picked her to love my brother. She’s such a free spirit, fun loving and caring soul. I’m thankful we have Carlo and thankful he was such a light in her day when Jordan was away at war.

Thankful for my in-laws, Mom and Dad Bird. I’m thankful for their love and support. Thankful they raised such a wonderful son. Thankful they instilled the importance of loving God in their children. I see Christ in Billy today because of their teachings years ago.

Thankful for all my brother & sister-in-laws. There are a lot of us Birds and I’m thankful to God for giving me such a big family to love.

Thankful for my extended family. I’m a better woman today for knowing my grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins. I love each and everyone for the unique qualities they posses.

Thankful for my Oliver boy – what a fun addition to our home. Oliver is a great warm-up for future little Birds. Thankful he is a fast learner and always has a happy face when I walk in the door from work.

Thankful for my health, praise God for giving me a clean bill of health. I don’t take my movement, eye-sight, hearing, sense of smell or anything at all for granted.

Thankful for my house. I’m thankful for a warm place to sleep, a place with Billy that we can call home.

Thankful for Jordan coming home from war safely (twice). I do not take that blessing for granted and praise God for it. I’m thankful for his service in the Army and very proud of his purple heart. His sacrifice at war was big however, small in the scheme of things; he was able to walk home to his wife.

Thankful for friends who keep me laughing. Laughter truly is the medicine of the soul.

And I have sooo much more to be thankful for, too many to name.  I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving and don’t forget to Praise the Lord for the blessings bestowed upon you and yours!
Psalm 106:1
Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD,
for he is good; his love endures forever.

No comments:

Followers

Site Meter